Monday, September 13, 2010

6 Weeks & Counting

For a solid 6 weeks I have put in 2 workouts, Monday to Friday.  I wake up at 5:30am and hit the gym for 1 hour, and sometimes 1 1/2 hours.  My gym workout consists of the following:
-minimum 15 minute warm up on Tredmill
-15 minutes abs daily
-Focus group each day: e.g. Legs or shoulders/back
-cardio:  e.g. jumprope, plyometrics 


I've been loving the gym workouts. I try to avoid maximum weight and focus more on repetitions and super sets with light weight.  Really, I just want to avoid getting a huge muscle butt.  


On my lunch break I run.  Oh how I love my lunch time runs.  The beach is literally 2 minutes from the office and I run there most days.  The coastline goes forever and you can choose a "rocky" route with legit hiking or the flat beach sand route.  Either way, I'm able to get in a 45 minute-1 hour run 5 days a week.  


Now that it's mid September the feeling of summer is oh so close.  By late October it will be legitimately hot and humid again. I look forward to those runs very much!


Besides my 2-a-day routine, I've also started listening to audiobooks while I run.  I thought I'd try it out after using the same 4 running playlists for the past 3 years.  The change has been great and there's been a few occasions where I've purposely kept running just to hear to the end of a chapter. I know, I know, I'm a total nerd.  


With Jason exercising twice a day as well, I don't see myself slowing down any time soon.  Amazingly, I haven't felt the burn out and look forward to the next 6 weeks!