Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Rotorua Next Week? Good Luck!!

I ran my last huge run just a few days ago. It was by far, the best long run I've had during this long uphill battle to train for a marathon.  Jason dropped me off right at the start of the turnoff to Mangawhai beach.  Bascially it's a long, windy, and uphill rural road to one of the most beautiful beaches I've seen in New Zealand.  I ran 18Km which is roughly over a half marathon.  I'm ready for this marathon.  I may not have quite the amount of training behind me that would be best but mentally, I'm ready. 
I could have done so much more training but I struggled!  It's boring to train for a marathon by yourself.  Someday my running buddy...aka husband... will run and train for a marathon with me.  For now, I'm the lone ranger. 
Back to my long run... Just as I started get really discouraged, legit ready to walk, a biker passed me out of nowhere.  As he passed, all he said was Rotorua next Saturday??  I excitedly said yes and he wished me good luck.  I love that this would only happen in New Zealand.  It made my day and got me through the last grueling miles of the run. 
Cheers!