Friday, April 16, 2010

Protein Bars/Energy Gels

Down to 2 weeks.  I'll attempt my last ridiculously long run next weekend and complete a semi-long run tomorrow afternoon.  I still don't feel that I'm entirely ready.  It's going to be what it is.  I'll run smart and that's that.  We're looking forward to a weekend away in Rotorua and I'm glad Jason will be there to support for me.  I always said I would compete in a marathon before the first year of marriage was over and I'm living up to it!  Hey, it's better than gaining weight and not being as active as before. 
One thing I'm nervous about is what I'll eat during the run. I know that around the 15 mile mark onward my body will need some fuel.  I've heard from various sources to try out some protein bars or gels so that my body is used to digesting it during a run.  I have yet to do that so I probably should before the race so that I don't dry heave during. 
and other funny thing... I was looking at my registration form and I accidentally wrote expected time:  2:00 hr.  oops.  If that was my time I'd be world class.  So now I'm nervous that i'll end up in the front of the pack and get ran over.  My prospective time should be somewhere around 3:30.  Oh well, it's New Zealand-everything is a bit more laid back anyways...