Tuesday, September 21, 2010

the weather

I am not very resilient when it comes to bad weather.  I don't often venture out on to run on the many rainy days in Auckland. I can't explain why I do this but think may have something to do with the climate change of my new home.  Living in a temperate and mile climate leaves me feeling wet, soggy, and on the cold side pretty much all the time.  Coming from a very, very extreme boiling hot or freezing cold climate, I just accept the weather and realize it just has to be that way. But in New Zealand, the weather changes by the minute.  A hot sunny day can quickly fade to a drizzly and balmy afternoon.  It throws me off and my running.  I think it's because I'm not waterproof.  On the rainy days, I run indoors.  Today was another one of those days. I've come to love the tredmill which is a huge thing for me.
It's almost summer though and you bet your boots I'm anxiously awaiting the sunny beach runs that make the rain  so worth it.

Cheers!