Monday, March 15, 2010

Round the Bays 8K - 70,000 runners!!

Jason signed us up for the Round the Bays 8K race in Auckland a few weeks ago.  I was super happy about it since it's one of the biggest races in New Zealand.  There were over 70,000 runners participating.  The prime minister even made an appearance before the start of the race!!  It was super weird to be so up close to a high profile government official.  You just don't see that kind of thing in the US of A.
I ran it the day after running 14 miles so let's be honest, I took it easy.  It was a beautiful route along the various bays in down town Auckland.  I was legit loving life.  My time was quite average but a very strong finish.  I'm still recovering and tomorrow is my very last North Shore city Beach run series 5K.  sad day.