Sunday, March 7, 2010

4 seasons in one day

Saturdays=the really really long run.  Yesterday was my 13 mile run for the week.   By 10am I was mentally ready to complete the beast of a run.  I get dressed, lace up and what do ya know, big huge raindrops pouring from the sky.  Welcome to Auckland my friends.  It can be sunny as can be and change with a blink to rain.  By the look of the sky I was doubtful the rain would clear at all that day. Determined to get my long run in, I went to a gym nearby and pretended to be interested in joining.  I went through the tour, the paperwork, the speech, all to get this beast in.  I have never been on a tredmill for more than 40 minutes.  2 hours on a tredmill was more than a struggle.  That was beyond tough, and boring.  The best part about all of this is that within 20 minutes into my run the sun is shining so bright outside.  They say Auckland has 4 seasons in one day, and I can confirm this.