Saturday, February 20, 2010

Early Morning 5 Miler

On Thursday morning I usually get up very early to run before work.  Before 6 I kiss my hubby goodbye and find a really hard core playlist to get me going.  Those early morning runs always seem to be my best quality runs maybe because my mind is totally void from stress and fatigue.
 Somewhere into the first mile I had this bad feeling that I should've reminded Jason to keep the door unlocked.  I brushed it aside and continued on, much to my regret, that was a bad decision!  After looping through the industrial area on Rosedale Rd for 5 miles I get back to find myself locked out!  I had no choice but to sit on the doorstep and wait for the property manager to help me out.  An hour later I beg for his help and all he could offer me was a ladder to climb to our second story balcony door.  Which meant I had to balance along a fence no wider than 6 inches and jump onto my balcony, swing my body over, and break in through the back window.  The day got even weirder after that but I'll leave the story at that since this is a running blog. 
All in all, I am a huge fan of early morning workouts.  The sun comes up halfway into my run and there are zero cars out-it's great.  wish me luck, today is a 12 miler!!