Saturday, February 6, 2010

And so it begins...

After several serious consideration and attempts at running the whole enchilada I've finally buckled down and signed up for a marathon.  Rotorua Marathon on May 1, 2010.  That's roughly 13 weeks away. Training starts NOW and I feel totally up for the challenge. I always said I would run a martathon before my first year of marriage and I'm sticking to my word.  New Zealand is quite ideal for training with the rather mild climate year around. I'll need to adjust to the unpredictable rainy days but that's a small trial compared to snow, wind, and nasty cold weather.  I'm training with the help of the FIRST marathon training program, which Kimmy introduced to me.  The program consists of running only 3 days a week with cross training at least 2 other days.  I like the makeup since it will allow me to continue on with P90X since Jason and I are half way through the training program. It's easy for me to type away about my training and the excitment of running a huge race but let's be honest, somedays it's going to be really hard.  I know my body is strong enough-I just have to get my mind to be there with it too.  I feel like I know the ins and outs of running after doing it competively, collegiatley, and now consistently for 10 years of my life. A marathon is unchartered territory though.  It's exciting and it's putting some spice in my everyday workout!   I'm going to complete it and I'm going to Love it.